- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8” or 9” baking pan with foil. Extend the foil over sides of pan to help remove baked brownies from the pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and butter. Microwave on high for one minute, stir, and repeat until butter is melted. Stir mixture until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugar and stir until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and pecans. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 28-35 minutes. Toothpick in center should have a few crumbs when tested. Be careful, DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Remove baked pans from pan by lifting the foil side. Allow to cool before cutting.
Pecans and Walnuts are wonderful additions to this recipe. Be sure to toast your nuts before using. It really brings out the flavor of the nuts.
Toss nuts in a bit of flour before adding. This helps prevent the nuts from sinking to the bottom during baking.
Take extra care to avoid over baking. The brownies should be super moist, and fudgy.
Brownies can be baked then frozen, if they last that long.
I use Baker’s unsweetened chocolate in this recipe, in fact that is where I found the recipe!