One day, I was chatting with a friend and she mentioned that brownie mix was on sale at the grocery store. I thought to myself, “what, don’t you know how to make scratch brownies?” She protested that mixes were great (and they are — not gonna lie) because you dump it all in one bowl. I promised her that I had a one bowl solution that would have kids and in fact, the whole neighborhood of kids clamoring for me.
These easy, one bowl brownies are Chocolatey, chewy, and oh so good! Top them with frosting, powdered sugar or just plain. Any way you like them is perfect. And ONE BOWL. Come on, how easy is that!
Break out your bowl and get started. My friend did and she never looked back.Print
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8” or 9” baking pan with foil. Extend the foil over sides of pan to help remove baked brownies from the pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and butter. Microwave on high for one minute, stir, and repeat until butter is melted. Stir mixture until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugar and stir until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and pecans. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 28-35 minutes. Toothpick in center should have a few crumbs when tested. Be careful, DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Remove baked pans from pan by lifting the foil side. Allow to cool before cutting.
Pecans and Walnuts are wonderful additions to this recipe. Be sure to toast your nuts before using. It really brings out the flavor of the nuts.
Toss nuts in a bit of flour before adding. This helps prevent the nuts from sinking to the bottom during baking.
Take extra care to avoid over baking. The brownies should be super moist, and fudgy.
Brownies can be baked then frozen, if they last that long.
I use Baker’s unsweetened chocolate in this recipe, in fact that is where I found the recipe!