A delightful and delicious mousse that makes a wonderful cake filling. Mascarpone mousse is the perfect accompaniment to chocolate cake or vanilla cake. Fold in some fresh fruit and oh my, is it good! This is the filling we use in our Chantilly Cake and Minette’s Chocolate Strawberry Surprise Cake.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Use the whisk attachment and whisk on high until soft peaks form.
- Add the mascarpone cheese to the cream mixture and whisk on medium until stiff peaks form.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Make sure to use HEAVY cream (whipping cream…no substitutions.)
- Before mixing, refrigerate your mixing bowl and whisk for best results.
- Mascarpone cheese can be found in the “fancy” cheese department at most grocery stores. Belgioioso brand is my absolute favorite and the only brand of mascarpone cheese I recommend for this recipe.
- Cakes filled with mascarpone mousse must be kept refrigerated.