- Preheat oven to 325°
- In the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer, beat butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Add salt and powdered sugar to butter. Continue to beat.
- Add flour and continue beating. You might have to finish combining the flour by hand. Sprinkle with a little water if you have trouble getting the mixture combined.
- Once the mixture is combined, Roll cookie dough onto a floured surface and cut.
- Place cookies on a parchment sheet lined baking pan and bake until edges just begin to brown.
No need to refrigerate the dough. Mix, roll, and bake!Chocolate chips and or pecans add a nice addition to this recipe.
Be careful not to over bake. Just a light brown around the edge is all you want.
These cookies can be made ahead and stored in a cookie tin.
They freeze beautifully. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Remove the packaged cookies from the freezer and let come to room temperature before removing from the bag.