- 6 individual tea bags
- 2 quarts filtered cool water
- Pinch of baking soda
- For the sugar syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Fresh lemon
- Fresh mint, if desired
- Boil 2 quarts of cool filtered water, bringing it just to a boil, then turn it off.
- Steep tea bags in this hot water for as long as you can – several hours is good. Gently squeeze bags of excess water and remove.
- Add a pinch of baking soda to keep it from turning cloudy. Next add lemon, or ginger or mint.
For the sugar water:
- Bring the cup of sugar and the cup of water just to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Add this to the hot tea. Once cooled down, add to a lovely pitcher and stir. Pour into ice-filled glasses.