- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the flour and sugar. Whisk to combine ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Pour the milk mixture into the well. Mix with a spoon until a wet dough is formed. Take care to not over mix the dough. It will be sticky.
- Spray a baking pan with pan release. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to spoon biscuit dough onto the baking sheet. Place dough close to each other but not touching.
- Lightly brush tops of dough, using a pastry brush, with melted butter.
- Sprinkle top of dough with Turbinado sugar.
- Bake in 425° preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature prior to mixing.
- Don’t overmix the dough. It will be sticky but that is how it should be.
- Use full fat milk and sour cream for best results.
- Biscuits can be made ahead. Place in Ziploc bag and freeze. Allow to come to room temperature before using.