This semi-sweet ganache is not only scrumptious but beautiful as well. I use it as a glaze for Minette’s Chocolate Mousse Cake and other desserts that require a chocolate glaze. I love that it stays shiny, even on a cold cake.
- Chop chocolate into pieces and place into a large mixing bowl. This step can be skipped if you are using chocolate callets or chocolate chips. Add corn syrup and set aside.
- In a heavy-duty pan, heat cream to the boiling point.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate. Cover with foil for 3 minutes.
- Remove foil cover and using a silicone spatula, gently stir until all the chocolate has melted. Allow to cool.
- If not using right away, cover with foil and refrigerate. Can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 3 months.
- This recipe is not suitable for milk chocolate or white chocolate.
- Use the best quality chocolate you can find. It will yield the best tasting ganache.
- Use Heavy cream, no substitutions.
- If making the ganache ahead of time, remove from refrigerator, and microwave using 15-second intervals, stirring in between until it is of pourable consistency.