- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar to cream cheese and beat on medium until fully incorporated. Should be smooth and creamy.
- On low-speed beat in egg. Mix until fully incorporated. Stop mixer and scrape sides.
- On low-speed beat in lime juice, tequila, and Grand Marnier.
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18–22 minutes. Center should be set.
- Prepare sour cream topping while cheesecakes are baking.
- Before mixing, have all ingredients at room temperature.
- *For best results, use a top-shelf tequila. The better the quality of ingredients you use, the better the results.
- Triple sec can be substituted for Grand Marnier.
- Fresh lime juice is always best but bottled lime juice will work too.