- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a 9”x13” pan. Line the pan with aluminum foil.
- Drape the edges of the aluminum foil over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- Spray foil with pan release or butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in a microwave. Add sugar to melted butter and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Stir until incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time to the cocoa mixture. Stir until incorporated and smooth. Add water and stir until incorporated.
- Add flour and stir to incorporate.
- Dust nuts and chocolate chips with a light coat of flour, then add to mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-33 minutes.
- Be sure to use a quality Dutch-processed cocoa. The better quality cocoa, the better tasting the brownie.
- I prefer walnuts, but pecans are delicious in this brownie too.
- Toast nuts before adding to the batter for a more flavorful nut.
- Lightly dust the chocolate chips and walnuts with flour to prevent them from dropping to the bottom while baking.
- Use any type of chocolate chips you like, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, mini chips or regular size chips…does not matter.
- To check for doneness, insert the toothpick into the middle. The toothpick should come out clean or with just a crumb or two. Feel the edges and center of the brownies, if both feel set, it’s time to take them out of the oven.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting.
- Brownies freeze well.
Keywords: brownie, cake brownie, easy brownie recipe