- Wash and dry your bottle.
- Cut vanilla beans into ½” or ¼” pieces and place in bottle.
- Pour vodka over the vanilla beans.
- Tightly close the cap and shake vigorously.
- Place in a dark cool place and shake the bottle once or twice a week.
- Let mature for at least 90 days. The longer the better.
This recipe can be doubled or cut in half.
Vodka is my choice because it is a neutral base and allows the vanilla flavor to shine through. Rum, Brand, or bourbon that is 70% can also be used.
I buy my beans from slofoodgroup.com. I’ve always been pleased with their beans and customer service.