- Preheat oven to 325° and prepare Bundt pan or tube pan by spraying with pan release or grease and flour.
- In the bowl of large mixing bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Beat on medium until incorporated.
- Add sugar to the butter mixture and mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape sides of mixing bowl in between. Beat until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and pinch of salt. Scrape sides of mixing bowl after adding flour.
- Add vanilla and mix to incorporated. Don’t overmix.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Toothpick should come clean or with a few crumbs but no liquid.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn onto cooling rack. Let cool until warm to the touch. Wrap in Saran wrap and allow to finish cooling.
If using salted butter, omit the pinch of salt.
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before you begin mixing.
Grease and flour the Bundt pan or tube pan and check for any bare spots or use a spray release.
Nothing worse than a dry pound cake! Keep your eye on the cake during the last 15 minutes of baking. Check the cake with a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake. I remove the cake when a few crumbs are present on the toothpick. If the toothpick is wet, let it bake a few minutes more, then check again.
Pound cakes freeze beautifully. Wrap twice in saran wrap and once in heavy duty foil. Freeze for up to two months. To defrost, leave wrapped and let come to room temperature before unwrapping