- In heavy-duty mixer, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until smooth
- Add coconut and vanilla extract, beat until blended
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until smooth
- Turn mixer on low and mix in the shredded coconut
- Store covered and refrigerated
Have all ingredients at room temperature
I always prefer to use “real” vanilla extract and coconut extract. The imitation flavors just don’t compare
My favorite brand of shredded, sweetened coconut is made by Bakers. Store brands can sometimes be dry while Bakers brand coconut is always moist and delicious.
Cream cheese frosting must always be kept under refrigeration. Once the cake is frosted, place in the refrigerator and bring it out an hour prior to serving. Leftovers should be returned to the fridge.