- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare three 8” or 9” round pans. Line pans with parchment and spray with pan release or grease and flour pans.
- In a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream butter. Gradually add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- To creamed mixture, add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl to make sure all is fully incorporated.
- Add flour mixture in three parts alternating with milk and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla extract and coconut extract. Beat until incorporated and smooth taking care not to over mix the batter.
- Bake in preheated 350° for 25-28 minutes.
Be sure your ingredients are at room temperature
Once cakes have been removed from oven, allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto cooling rack and allow to cool until warm to the touch. While still warm, wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and allow wrapped cakes to cool.
This cake freezes beautifully. Wrap well and freeze for up to one month. To defrost, allow to come to room temperature before unwrapping.
I like to fill and frost the cake when chilled.