- Place butter, chocolate, corn syrup, and water in a small heavy duty pan. Place pan over low heat and stir constantly until chocolate is almost melted. Be sure that the mixture does not get hot. Should not be warmed more than 120°.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until chocolate has melted and mixture is full incorporated. Do not use a whisk but rather stir with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Place well chilled cake or torte on a cooling rack. Place rack on a baking sheet with sides.
- Pour glaze on top of cake and spread with a spatula.
- Remove cake from the cooling rack and place in the refrigerator. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Ingredients can be melted over a double boiler too. Be sure the pan doesn’t come in contact with the hot water. Be very careful not to heat the mixture above 120°. Glaze is best used at 88°-90°.
Use a good quality chocolate for this glaze…it’s the star of the show! My favorite is Callebaut