Don’t come to the South with an empty stomach and not leave room for pound cake. It is the quintessential Southern dessert and this White Chocolate Poundcake does not disappoint. Like most pound cakes, it is moist, dense, and delicious on its own. Want to dress it up for company? Sprinkle some powdered sugar or drizzle white chocolate along the top. Eat it plain, toast it with butter, or pile on some fresh berries and a dollop of softly whipped cream. As for me, I will drizzle chocolate or glaze for a beautiful finish and add a sprinkle of chopped pecans for a little extra crunch.Print
White Chocolate Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease and flour a tube pan or a Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl add flour, salt, and baking soda. Use a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate using the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring between each interval. When a few pieces of white chocolate remain, remove from microwave and stir until completely melted. Take care not to burn the chocolate. Set the white chocolate aside until tepid.
- In the bowl of a mixer, using the paddle attachment beat butter for 1-2 minutes. Gradually add sugar to the butter and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add cream to the sugar mixture.
- Add white chocolate (melted and tepid) continuing to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture to the cream mixture ½ cup at a time until just until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes- 1 hour and 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Cool on a rack for 10-12 minutes. Use a spatula or butter knife to loosen cake from sides of the pan. Turn out to cool on a rack. Once the cake is cool enough to handle, wrap in saran wrap and allow to cool completely.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature before you begin baking.
- Always better the next day, this White Chocolate Pound Cake will stay fresh for 5-6 days and can be frozen for 3 months. Wrap twice in saran wrap and once in heavy-duty foil. To defrost, allow the cake to come to room temperature, wrapped.
- I like to drizzle melted white chocolate over the top of the White Chocolate Pound Cake before serving.
- The pecans are optional but the texture is a nice contrast to the silky smooth texture of the cake.
gonna make this cake this weekend thanx!
Let me know how you like it!
2 Comments on White Chocolate Pound Cake with Pecans & White Chocolate Glaze Recipe