November is Pecan Season and there is nothing like a Georgia Pecan. And no matter how you pronounce it pecans are a Southern staple. I love to eat them on salads, as a crust for pork, chicken, in trail mix. However, honey, I LOVE to bake with pecans!
Shelled pecans are a great staple food. You can keep them in an airtight container for up to 9 months in your refrigerator, and two whole years in the freezer in a sealed bag. In fact, they can be thawed and refrozen repeatedly. Once thawed, pecans will stay good for two months.
I love them raw, and sugared but toasting pecans yeilds a huge payoff. The flavor intesified and raises the level of any cake, cookie or sweet. Get yourself some pecans and get toasting!Print
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking pan with parchment
- Spread pecans on baking sheet
- Toast for about five minutes or until you can smell the aroma
- Be careful because the nuts burn quickly
- Store in a ziploc bag in your freezer
Watch the Video!
Be the first to comment