A Fall favorite, this Pumpkin Cake is always a crowd pleaser. Frosted and filled with cream cheese frosting or dusted with a light sprinkling of powdered sugar, it really doesn’t need anything else.Print
- Prepare pans and preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl add flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add eggs, sugar, and oil. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined, two to three minutes.
- Add pumpkin and beat until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Be sure to use Pure Pumpkin! It’s found next to the Pumpkin pie filling so be careful.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice can be substituted for Cinnamon.
- Toasting the nuts prior to baking will enhance the nut flavor.
- I prefer to use four 6” round pans but you can use three 7” round pans
Watch the Video!