- Peal peaches and cut into pieces. Place in medium bowl.
- Drizzle peaches with lemon juice to prevent fruit from browning.
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon, and Amaretto liqueur over peaches. Stir to combine.
TO MAKE PEACH SHORTCAKE:
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 pint of heavy cream, 2-3 TBSP of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Use the whisk attachment and mix cream until stiff peaks form.
- If biscuits were made ahead, microwave for about 10-15 seconds, or until biscuits are just warm.
- Cut biscuit in half and on the bottom portion, add peaches and some of the peach juice. Top with whip cream and add the top portion of the biscuit.
- Peaches are best prepared no more than 2 hours prior to serving.
- Use ripe peaches.
- The Amaretto is optional, but it does add a nice layer of flavor.