Here are some tips for adding fresh fruit to cake batter:
Minette recommends –
- Before adding fruit to the batter, examine fruit and use only the unblemished fruit.
- Berries such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries can be washed and rinsed prior to using. Leave berries whole is possible to prevent juice from the fruit from bleeding into the batter.
- Strawberries can be diced and laid on paper towels to absorb some of the moisture prior to adding to the cake batter.
- Dust fruit with a LIGHT coat of flour prior to adding to batter. This helps prevent the fruit from falling to the bottom of the pan during cooking. Works with nuts and chocolate chips as well.
- Gently fold fruit into the batter before adding batter to cake pans.